Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 0

Wing shot: Swiss Air over France
Well, after 15 hours of travel, I've have landed in Barcelona. I flew Swiss Air to Zurich, then to Barcelona. I am pretty tired, but I couldn't stop smiling as I walked to my new apartment. Barcelona is everything and more than what I expected.

My apartment off of Gran
Via de les Corts Catalanes
I live just off of Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, in a beautiful apartment. The building I live in is pretty old, but the apartment is nice. The building has a old manual lift, which, I have to admit, I was scared to use at first. But I used it, and it saved me a lot of effort, rickety as it was. But now I am in my room, relaxing and trying to get my bearings.

Later, I will go to the store and pick up all the amenities I need - food, toiletries, etc., etc. - and just come back and relax. I plan on going out for tapas and dinner later.

I have orientation tomorrow at 9 am. I am looking forward to going to class and experiencing this amazing city. However , I need to be cautious tomorrow. Apparently, there is going to be a protest in the afternoon and I don't want to get mixed up in anything violent. God knows that getting arrested would ruin my trip before it even started.

Regardless, I still can't believe I am in Barcelona! Here's to the next 6 weeks.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment