Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 8 - The City

Well, as you can tell by my lack of posts for the past week, things have been kind of crazy. I have spent almost every waking moment either exploring a new part of the city, or spending time with my great roommate, Kyle, and two good friends, Shaina and Libby.


Since, I am trying to prepare for my day trip to Sitges, a beach area just outside the city, I give you a short list of the things I have done in the past week:

  • Explored the Beachfront area... probably about 3 times.
  • Thoroughly explored la Boqueria, the oldest and largest market in Barcelona.
  • Explored el Gòtic, Barcelona's Gothic district.
  • Took a 6 mile run through the Roman sector, the Gòtic district, and the Beachfront.
  • Explored Las Ramblas, a touristy, but awestrikingly beautiful area of Barcelona.
  • Saw the 4 Cats, a regular hangout of Picasso.
  • Took part in the celebration after Barça won the Copa del Rey (It was CRAZY).
I apologize for the randomness in this post. Please enjoy the pictures for the past few days. Since I didn't have my camera during the Barça riots, I don't have any pictures, but I have posted a picture of my friend, Shaina, at the riots instead.

The beach! (It was a nude beach, and took me
forever to find a picture without indecencies)
One of the many beautiful alleyways
in Barcelona!


Las Ramblas
 
Shaina at the Barça riot!

Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia         
A cool little plaza we stumbled across while exploring
Las Ramblas.


The 4 Cats!
My roommate, Kyle, and I in front of Catedral
de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia

¡Vamos a la playa de Sitges! Time for a day of exploring the outskirts of the city. 

.

3 comments:

  1. That picture of you and Kyle is my favorite thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing how Barcelona looks so much like parts of southern France. candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Libby!

    And mom, actually Cataluña is very similar to France: the culture, food, and even the language all have French influences. So, I'm not surprised you see a resemblance.

    ReplyDelete